I still can’t believe that I managed to take a picture almost every day of this year; I love having this record of the year and of those tiny little moments that would otherwise have gone undocumented.

Saying that, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to do the same for 2013. At times I found the need to take a photograph every day killed any sort of creativity. It became a chore and rather than looking for images that I loved, I was just anxious to take the day’s picture and be done with it. Most of these, therefore, never made it to instagram because it felt like a box-ticking exercise rather than something that I really wanted to share.

8 o’clock // peace // something you held
black and white // looking up // from your country

stars // someone you love // out and about
under // sweet // hat

lights // green // outdoors
something you made // on the floor // makes you feel merry

something beginning with ‘s’ // weather // tree
decoration // joy is… // something you always do

lunch // mess // how you relax
cold // hot // self-portrait
Thank you for indulging me with these monthly posts and all the comments and encouragement I’ve had throughout the year. 2012 has been a whirlwind of emotion and a year that I will never forget and I have been so grateful to share that all with you.
Pictures from previous months can be found here:
january / february / march / april / may / june

17 Responses to "december in a photo a day"
  1. I’ve been enjoying looking at your photo-a-day challenges throughout the year, the photos are so simple and such a beautiful slice of everyday life. Congratulations on completing the year and thank you for sharing the photos with us! Happy 2013 :)

2. sam says:

I think this is wonderful. I love the concept and will be doing this for 2013! Thanks for the cool idea. Happy New Year.

3. What a great year! I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings for you! Cheers :)

4. I’ve loved all of your photo posts. Happy New Year!

5. I love your daily photos, even the ‘boring’ ones are a moment worth sharing. I know what you mean though, I do the same challenge and sometimes I have a great idea and sometimes I just get the photo taken and done. Your’s is one of my favourite blogs, and I am looking forward to a London Bakes book…no pressure!!! Happy New Year x

6. I’m so jealous of your dedication to take a photo each day! Your collage looks amazing, and it seems like you had a wonderful month.

Hope you had a great New Year’s! :)

7. Happy New Year Kathryn! I’m seriously impressed that you kept this up for the whole of 2012 and looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings :-)

8. Anna says:

They’re really lovely pictures :)
    Happy new year

Congrats on finishing a 365! that’s such an achievement! your photos have been beautiful all year

It’s been so fun seeing your life through all of these! And Phish Food. Love.

11. I love following your photos!! and seriously, I am in awe you did 365. Amazing ;0

12. Happy New Year to you!! Love the idea of a photo a day. I missed a couple, but might have to start now :)

13. Megan Keno says:

This is a great recap of the year. I looked back over my photos of the year and even those little moments no matter how mundane or uncreative they seemed at the time, they were still little moments and little memories. Can’t wait to see what 2013 year brings to you :)

14. aww – Love both the photos and the honesty of this post!! I feel like everything connected to blogging, photographing, social mediang generally is this weird cross between a reflective blessing and a fun activity – and an awful tie. Probably why Ive always been so bad at doing it reliably!! Your photos definitely paint a picture of fun filled enjoyable Christmas season though. And I love your jacket :) xoxo

15. A fabulous post a wonderful cornucopia of photos; I am a bit of a photo junkie myself and I love making collages, yours are very representative of December and you, having met you I feel I can say that, and I LOVE the generosity of this post! Karen

16. nikki says:

Happy New Year! Loved taking a glimpse at your 2012 and hope there’s another project around the corner…