Sadly, my boyfriend doesn’t quite share my joy as exemplified by his reaction when he came home from work one Saturday to discover that I’d been out and bought some neon pink leopard print bedding (which I see is on sale right now if anyone feels like following suit).
I had an inkling when I bought it that it wasn’t going to do down particularly well but my mother convinced me that it would be absolutely fine – I don’t know why because I’m not sure my father’s reaction if my mother had brought it home with her would have been any better. I tried the argument that it was nice bedding because it was all shiny and satiny but all that happened was my boyfriend would slide off when he sat on the bed to put his socks on. Still, as soon as he goes away for any length of time, out it comes.
- 105g unsalted butter
- 80ml milk
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 170g plain/AP flour
- 165g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cook the butter in a small pan over a low heat until it is a light brown colour and there are little brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat and cool until needed.
- Beat the milk, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in a large bowl until light and frothy. Add the cooled brown butter and stir to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients at once and fold until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.